Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Halifax Backpackers Inn, Halifax!

I recently started a trip round the East coast of Canada and my first stop was Halifax. I decided to stay at Halifax Backpackers Inn as it was the cheapest option in town and boy am I glad that I did! I was instantly welcomed in by Steph, one of the workers, and invited to go out for some drinks and some food. The hostel itself was comfy and was very easy to meet other travellers - people tend to hang out in the kitchen or outside with a beer (it's conveniently close to the local Propeller brewery). There's even a cafe downstairs where you can buy some ridiculously cheap beer during happy hour :) It's so good I'm bookending my holiday with another visit to Halifax! Prices for a dorm bed start from $20. 

Here are just a few other reasons to stay at Halifax Backpackers Inn:
  • Easy day trip to Peggy's Cove and great jumping off point to explore Dartmouth
  • Pub crawls on a Wednesday where you join up with travellers from the other hostels in town
  • BBQs on a Sunday (unfortunately I missed this one!)
  • Cheap beer and food from Alteregos downstairs (whilst still being able to drink your own alcohol in the hostel)
  • Free coffee and wifi
  • Great staff who will provide you with all the information you need to make the most of your stay in the city
You can find out more and start planning your trip here: http://www.halifaxbackpackers.com/HALIFAXPAGE.htm

Hostel of the Week, August 12th to August 19th 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment